PRE-SCHOOL DANCE PROGRAM
Our extremely popular classes are suitable for pre-school aged children 3-5 years.
Let your child’s first steps in ballet be the start of a wonderful journey through expression and movement. Children will learn basic ballet steps, gain an understanding of correct ballet posture and explore creative movement and improvisation to different themes each term.
Ballet Buds Combo Class
This class is suitable for children in their last year of Pre-School, minimum age 4 years. It incorporates our Ballet Buds program with the addition of a 15 minute tap component to teach children rhythm and inspire them to move to upbeat music. Tap shoes are hired to the students for a small fee of $5 per term.
Wiggle & Groove
Do you have a Pre-school aged child who can’t stand still and loves to dance to pop music? This fun class is a fusion of basic jazz and hip hop. Children learn a short warm-up and basic dance moves to teach gross motor skills and rhythm. The class finishes with creative choreography to a theme that is progressed each lesson.
The benefits of taking dance classes for a pre-schooler
- They learn to follow instructions and take turns
- They gain a sense of discipline through learning new positions
- They develop skills in co-ordination, balance and how to control their bodies in motion
- They are being active and exercising their body and mind, whilst boosting concentration, improving focus, memory and learning.
- They learn musicality and rhythm, and how to dance to the beat
- They gain a sense of self-confidence and pride in their bodies and what they can accomplish
- They make new friends and interact with other children their own age
- They are encouraged to use their imagination and expressiveness to explore creative movement and storytelling