Congratulations to Grace Losco who has been cast as a Kitten in the Packemin Youth Production of Cats showing at the Concourse Theatre Chatswood in January. What an exciting experience Grace!!
In 2016 we had some amazing achievements. In particular the following girls:
- Competed at the inaugural Australian Ballet School Scholarship Awards competition in Melbourne and selected as 1 of 8 finalists out of 71 competitors. Awarded ‘Runner-up’ by the panel of judges in 10-12yrs age group.
- Sydney Eisteddfod: 1st Place Classical solo, 2nd Place Contemporary solo, Winner of Wenkart Foundation Junior Ballet Scholarship
- Invited to continue in Level 3 of the Australian Ballet School’s Junior Interstate Training Program
- Cast as a Kitten in the Packmen Youth Production of Cats showing at the Concourse Theatre Chatswood in January.
- Showcase National Dance Championships, Gold Coast: 9th Place & High Gold Award for Jazz solo and Gold Award for Lyrical solo
- Awarded $100 cash prize at Global Dance Convention as well as a one-month all expenses paid trip to LA in 2017 for a Summer Intensive to audition for youth contemporary company ‘Commonality’. She will also have the opportunity to audition and showcase her ability before choreographers from all over the USA.
- Received half scholarship to train Full Time in 2017 at Brent Street Studios. The course a Diploma of Dance (elite performance) majoring in Classical and Contemporary Dance.
- Selected to perform at ‘Call Back’ – a selection of the best performances from the 2016 HSC Dance Course.
- Successfully auditioned and was offered a place to train Full Time in 2017 at Ev & Bow. She will be attending the Classical/Contemporary Dance Course and study for a Certificate IV in Dance.
Cecchetti Ballet Scholarship Classes
Congratulations to the following students who were selected by audition as Cecchetti Ballet Scholars for 2016 – Lucinda Noble, Nandini Dhir and Samantha Wong. The girls took part in 4 free masterclasses through the year with Nationally and Internationally renowned ballet teachers and dancers.
Medal Awards Competition
4 of our students performed in an audition class on stage with The Australian Ballet’s Amy Harris, before performing a set solo at the Cecchetti Medal Awards held at The Concourse Theatre in Chatswood. Congratulations to Grace Ji, Samantha Wong, Lucinda Noble and Nandini Dhir. Results from the finals:
Samantha Wong Junior Medal Winner
Grace Ji Pre-Junior Medal Highly Commended
Student Choreographic Competition
In early March, several of our students competed in the Cecchetti Student Choreographic Competition. They composed their own dances and performed for adjudication with great success:
Congratulations to: Grace Losco & Megan Li: 2nd Place Jazz Duo (10-13yrs age category)
Ballet Exam Results 2016
We had a 100% pass rate again in 2016. Special mention should go to the 17 students who received 100%! Congratulations to Charmaine Cheung (Pre-Primary), Selina Au, Jasmine Hemphill, Arianna Harris, Amarlie Shaideen, Sophia Mandrini, Jade Li (Primary), Annabel Yuen, Ivy Shao (Grade 1), Madison Gill, Sharon Ding, Sienna Madeleine, Isabella Hulme, Kenuli Mudannayake (Grade 2), Megan Li, Grace Losco (Grade 3), Samantha Wong (Grade 6).
Cecchetti NSW Ballet Scholarships 2016
Following the recent September Exam session, the Interstate Examiner announced the winners of the scholarships from Grade 4 to Advanced 2. These students received the highest mark in the Sydney Exam session 2016. They receive a financial mount ranging from $250-$500 to be used towards their ballet tuition. Congratulations to:
Evelyn Delord Grade 4 Honourable Mention
Nina Bian Grade 4 Honourable Mention
Grace Ji Grade 5 Honourable Mention
Samantha Wong Grade 6 Winner
Vivienne Lee Intermediate Honourable Mention
Students of the Month
This year we have started a new incentive for encouraging hard working students – ‘Student of the Month’. Students are nominated by the teachers and awarded for dedication and hard work in their classes. Congratulations to the following students who received this award:
Isabella Hulme, Natalie Wong, Pria Lawrence, Bella Simpson, Eloise Fairleigh, Liya Stuhl, Aidan Judd, Amy Fowler, Michelle Kim, Mikayla Floriano, Hailey Au Yeung, Kayla Jogiastra, Meena McKillop, Anne Lee, Karina Bessis, Hannah Park, Isabella Choong, Chelsea Denniss, Alana Doueihi, Dheepak Rukkandan, Jarrod Irwin, Zoe Lockrey, Madison Gill, Yuqing Li , Claudia Shepherd, Ashley Doueihi, Minh Dao, Gabbie Walter, Rita Nidhiry, Melissa Cooke, Carmen Yih, Abigail Moses, Christina Lamprianidis, Kate Knapp, Evelyn Delord, Olivia Siau, Maria Nidhiry, Lisara Seneviratne, Abi Nelson, Bertina Ng, Lucinda Noble, Sophia Mandrini, Lilly Grainger, Hana Maxwell, Ellen Parker, Ollen Djonov, Mandy Shang, Yasmin Rizoski, Adrian Lee, Holly Lawton, Morgan Fowler, Samantha Wong, Shereya Rukkandan, Danielle Thebridge, Grace Losco, Jessica Browne, Gemma Williams, Pieta Koinusis, Bethany Dowson, Mia Lawton, Alexandra Pirrello, Silver Rose, Danielle Thebridge, Sanya Mehta, Charmaine Cheung, Ashlyn Gill, Kai Smith, Tahlee Smith, Diana McDiarmid, Tara Moghadam, Chloe Lowery, Jessica Woods, Laima Jurans, Hannaniel Manurung
Congratulations to all the students nominated by their teachers for Student of the Month – July. It was wonderful to see these students working hard across the holiday period to improve their technique and performance qualities as well.
Ballet – Morgan Fowler and Samantha Wong
Modern – Grace Losco and Jessica Browne
Jazz – Shereya Rukkandan and Danielle Thebridge
Excellent work girls!
Congratulations to Samantha Wong who was awarded 1st Place in the 12yrs Classical solo and 2nd Place in the 12yrs Contemporary solo at Sydney Eisteddfod in July.
Samantha was also awarded 1st place in the Wenkart Foundation Junior Ballet Scholarship. She performed both her classical and contemporary solos. Samantha won $300 cash plus a $100 voucher from Capezio Dancewear. What a huge achievement in one of the largest and most prestigious dance competitions in the country! Congratulations Sam!!
Congratulations to the following students nominated by their teachers as June Students of the Month:
Ballet – Bertina Ng and Lucinda Noble
Jazz – Sophia Mandrini and Lilly Grainger
Modern – Hana Maxwell
Contemporary – Ellen Parker
Tap – Ollen Djonov and Mandy Shang
Hip Hop – Yasmin Rizoski and Adrian Lee
Musical Theatre – Holly Lawton